Prudence's Trotting Toad Gazette

Thoughts and recollections of Prudence's about various and sundry topics. email prudencer@earthlink.net www.prudencesteagarden.blogspot.com

Name:

I'm newly retired and not yet tired. Hopefully I will be able to add something to the lives of others for a few more years. My life has been full and fun. What more can you ask for?

Friday, August 19, 2005

When bad things happen, good things follow

When my computer crashed two weeks ago I thought it was a real crisis. All my email addresses for my business were lost. My years of poetry I had saved and stories I had written were gone. Photos, recipes and letters from my customers vanished. It was like my house had burned down and all my family heirlooms were lost.

I had been planning on getting a new computer this Fall, but now was forced to get one. Not necessarily a bad thing. My other one was ancient. I now have a wonderful hot rod computer which I will probably have til I go to the home ;-D I thought this will be a good time to try out something new with my newsletter also. Instead of my usual big long newsletter, I will be using this blog to keep you informed. I can't contact my whole list until (and if) I can recover the information from my hard drive. My nieces husband is trying to do that now. Each time I update the blog I will let you know and you can just come to this website and read your newsletter. All of these will be archived by date so all you need to do is check in the various dates and you can see back issues. Sounds like a perfect plan. Let me know your thoughts by adding them where it says to under each article. As I learn better ways to use this technology I will keep upgrading and hopefully end up with a much better way of communicating with you. It won't clog up your mail box as much and just takes a second to click on the link. Hope you like this improvement. Prudence

P.S. Please email me to add your email address back into my address book. I'm hoping you will miss hearing from me and will write to see where I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home