Prudence's Trotting Toad Gazette

Thoughts and recollections of Prudence's about various and sundry topics. email prudencer@earthlink.net www.prudencesteagarden.blogspot.com

Name:

I'm newly retired and not yet tired. Hopefully I will be able to add something to the lives of others for a few more years. My life has been full and fun. What more can you ask for?

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Closing the Tea Room

I guess when you lose interest in something you once held so dear it is time to let it go. My health problems have made it an effort to continue doing the Tea Room. It is an effort too great for me to struggle with and remain happy and civil with those I come in contact. I am at retirement age so with great sadness I closed my beloved Tea Room on December 22, 05. My customers of long standing will understand, and those of you who are only barely familiar with me will I hope, remember with fondness the time you spent here on Turkey Pit Rd.

We are selling the beautiful farm that for 29 years has provided us with all the opportunities to grow and enjoy our simple life that any home could provide. Our interests are varied and complex, but at this wonderful farm we could enjoy them all with great ease and richness. Our days were full of joy and our nights were filled with the song of the Spring Peepers in summer and the Barred Owls call all year long. Birds too numerous to count fed at our feeders. Horses, sheep, chickens, rabbits, cats and dogs called this place home and helped to make our days fly by. As we enter into our golden time of life we have memories enough to fill volumes and more. The next chapters are yet to be written. I only pray that God sends someone who will cherish this farm for what it is and not try to make it into a McMansion like a new home. It's a farm house, and I'm not sure this next generation will understand that. It's sad if they don't. They will miss out on so much simple joy. Now I am starting to tear up, so I will quit for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home